Writers for the We Learn Together Blog contribute informative and entertaining fact or evidence-based teaching and learning content. Our blog writers believe in the Office of Teaching and Learning’s mission to create and share best practices. As a thank you for writing for our blog, the Office of Teaching and Learning will provide you with a complimentary copy of one of our highly suggested books on teaching and learning for each blog post you write. (2 posts = 2 FREE books! )
There are a lot of potential topics individuals can write about. We have identified several topics we seek writers for but welcome ideas or pitches from instructors, graduate assistants, teaching assistants, staff, and/or students. Often, blog posts may arise out of a presentation you have already offered but wish to gain more attention for. If you wish to submit an idea for a blog post prior to writing the post, please send us the topic and a brief description of what the post would contain.
- What is? A series highlighting teaching methods or practices with examples of how the teaching method is being used in NDSU classrooms. Individuals who write for this series offer a short biography promoting their expertise and experience in teaching at the university level. View sample list of topics.
- Perspectives – A series showing teaching and learning from the perspective of a variety of people on campus. Many service departments on campus contribute, providing insight to issues faced by students and faculty they assist.
- K-12 Professional Development – A series highlighting a variety of topics related to the professional development needs of K-12 teachers.
- Shadow a Student Challenge – A series documenting the experiences of participants in NDSU’s inaugural Shadow a Student Challenge. This series is packed with insights and advice for anyone in higher education.
- Wellness Series | Fall Semester 2020 – This series will examine the importance of health and wellness to the success of students, staff, and faculty.
To assist individuals who want to write for the blog, we offer a template to provide structure for your writing.
Posts may be co-authored if there is more than one individual with an interest in writing about a specific topic or teaching method.
All submitted posts are edited by a variety of Office of Teaching and Learning staff. For questions related to writing for this blog, contact Connie Jadrny, marketing and public relations coordinator, at 701-231-9738.